Sign in to follow this  
dogsbelly

Going round in circles.

Hello,

Im struggling to view 4 files from cctv, my friend had taxi bump into his car and a neighbour copied the footage on to a usb stick. i have the files and they obviously wont play (raw avi) ive searched forums tried swan offline player, avi generator. tried using the original software from the website (aost.cn) the cam screen comes up but cant open the files from there. Tried the android eseenet+ to load the files but cant find where to put the files (tried dcim/videos and the videorecord folder, even checked the android data folders none show up in the app). Ive searched and tried other peoples suggestions but not working for me.

The unit is a H.View (model TK-D4C2 (Pal H.264 HD))

Ive used media view, Video inspector, GSpot all come up blank, Assuming it because it raw video?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Hi, download VLC media play (it's free). Copy the four video files from the usb stick onto your computer. Locate the files on your computer. Right click on one of the four files. A list of options will appear. Move and place your mouse pointer on to the option that say's "open with" and another set of options will appear. Move your mouse pointer across to the option that say's "VLC media player" and click on it. This will set VLC media player to play H264 file types. If done correctly then all for files will now have an red/orange road cone as a icons. Double click on one of the video files and it should open VLC media player and then play. Let me know how you get on.

Vlc wont touch them, its the 1st thing i use (prefer it) just error cant identify audio or video codec ( i have k-lite installed up to date)

I will upload and post link when done.

Thanks.

Sorry to say but your files are empty, filled with 0xFF pattern. Something went wrong with that copying to USB. Video is probably still retrievable from the recorder' HDD.

Sorry for the late reply, and thank you for looking at them for me.

I will see if i can obtain another usable copy from his hard drive.

Thanks again.

Rob