Sign in to follow this  
loopi23

[Moved]Analog > digital Convertor & Channel injector for RCN

Tried this in "installation" and it didn't fly. Trying here.

I have a good customer who wants to keep as much of their system intact as possible. They have 8 cams in analog, and a linux box running something which boots up with "Hemi" onscreen, has no GUI or X on it and gives only a login prompt, and no-one seems to know the login. There are 2 video cards in this machine, I believe they are Videopropulsion Brand Modulators, and it comes out to the RCN cable system in the building and injects on a certain channel. Not being an expert (like you guys) at CCTV, but more of a computer consultant, who also does CCTV because I get the jobs quite often, I could use some help on what solutions could replace the Hemi box and give me a an injection into the RCN stream from this "Hemi" box. Failing that, I will attempt to replace the video cards, but they look to be the poorer and less updated solution, with a one shot box which does what I need being better (since I did not build this hemi box and can't even get into it yet). I have a meter to test most of this system, and so I can do the repairs to the system other than the conversion and injection.

Please, if any of this doesn't make clear sense, ask, and I will definitely be happy to provide more info. Oh and I tried to get the customer to switch to IP cams and go digital, and they are older and set on keeping the system as they have it, so I am stuck re-working the older system.

James