rufunky

ACTI Q111 covert fish eye for indoor home surveillance?

I have a ACTI Q111 covert fish eye that I would like to use for for indoor home surveillance.I wanted something non intrusive (not an eyesore). The only downfall I can see to this is that it is not night vision capable.

My house alarm turns the lights in the room I would be installed this camera when a sensor is triggered. My thought is that would eliminate the need for night vision. I also thought about maybe putting in some fairly bright night lights through out the room.

Are there any other reasons I am not aware of to not use this particular camera for this application? Any tips on settings or any other ideas are welcome.

I have a ACTI Q111 covert fish eye that I would like to use for for indoor home surveillance.I wanted something non intrusive (not an eyesore). The only downfall I can see to this is that it is not night vision capable.

My house alarm turns the lights in the room I would be installed this camera when a sensor is triggered. My thought is that would eliminate the need for night vision. I also thought about maybe putting in some fairly bright night lights through out the room.

Are there any other reasons I am not aware of to not use this particular camera for this application? Any tips on settings or any other ideas are welcome.

Never used that particular acti, however, in the past their high res cameras have had TERRIBLE low light vision..i mean really really bad.

So, buy from a place with easy returns.

Instead of nightlights consider led bulbs and leave the fixture on...

Wouldn't this require the camera to have the IR filter removed?

EDIT: Never mind I misread what you wrote

Edited by Guest

No...led bulbs the kind that are designed to replace incandescent and cfl...they produce visible light..

No...led bulbs the kind that are designed to replace incandescent and cfl...they produce visible light..

Got it sorry, I misread what you wrote. That's an idea, all of the lights are 6 watt LED. It woudn't use much to leave one on 24 7.