nickCR

House on the beach

Looking for some guidence on a cctv setup for my friends house on the beach.

Requirements:

Must be accessible via the internet (connection permitting) but also be able to record video locally so that if the internet isn't working it can still record and watched later.

Bonus Options:

A system that can have a master and slave setups. So the security for the community could also monitor selected cameras.

Budget:

5-15K

About the house:

282014_1.png

It's 2 stories and the overhang is 1 meter and all the way around the house.

Notes:

Although this is one house there are several neighbors in the area that would like to know what kind of system is worth putting up. Looking to provide 2 or 3 configurations at different price points.

The community has seen a lot of break-ins. I'll have to open up another thread in future to discuss options for cctv within the massive community.

What I was thinking:

If he goes with a VMS like Exacq I think that supports the ability to have a slave / master setup.

Outdoor cameras really need to have good nightvision as it can be pitch black with no moon. If we have to add additional IR lights we can do that np.

Not big on the idea of Thermal Cameras due to cost but I know they could provide additional visibility towards the beach that we simply won't get with day/night cams. AXIS has one for about $3.5K

The options I had more or less come up with were:

For a $5-7K option I wanted to suggest something like the Hikvision NVR + Cameras.

For a $7-10K option I wanted to suggest something like a NAS with Sharx Cameras (SCNC3905)

For a $12-15K option I wanted to suggest an i3/i5 server with exacqvision and nice day/night cameras

Looking forward to your suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your suggestion.

I looked into Matrix and it definitely looks like it will fit. Nice to see something else on the market that has that capability.

So for the NVR it seems like Matrix or ExacqVision would be good options.

It's sorta overwhelming with so many cameras on the market tho. Hard to know which ones to choose. Everyone wants the best value. But night vision in almost no light is really important.