Sign in to follow this  
turnpike17

30 Camera system, Separate Networks, remote viewing

I own a healthcare facility and have begun to start buying my equipment for my IP camera install. I am hoping you generous folks can tell me yay or nay on whether this setup will work or how I should go about setting it up. I will be slowly installing this network and will end up with somewhere between 30-35 cameras.

My NVR is a Dahua NVR608-64-4k. It has two NICs. I will be installing a second network for these cameras so as to not bog down our main network. I have an Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Pro for my router. I have an EdgeSwitch 48 port POE for my camera POE Switch. My questions start at the networking phase of this operation. I have read that since I have two NICs, one should go from router to NVR and second NIC goes NVR to Camera POE Switch. With the EdgeRouter I can create a new DHCP server on any port with a new subnet. Our main subnet is 10.14.3.0, so if I create a second subnet of 192.168.0.0 on port two of that router, that is the subnet the NVR would rely on.

We will do most of our viewing from the HDMI or VGA port, however in my office which is about 300 feet away, I will probably use an Intel NUC and TV for my display. With the two subnets, I need access from our main network to the NVR to view the cameras, as well as remote viewing from offsite.

We have a static IP address, and I have access to three more and at first I thought of using a second router as well to make this network completely isolated from the first network, but there are no security risks to us and it seems like that might complicate things all around.

So...

Would using both NICs in the NVR be the best way to hookup this up while still having access from the main network and remotely? Or should I just use one and have the POE Switch directly to the router and the NVR connected to the POE switch?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you guys.

Why not just setup two IP's at your remote viewing station? If you are already running static IP, then this is trivial to accomplish and would solve the issue pretty easily.