Sign in to follow this  
Mickie808

Can anyone help? Thank you :-)

Hi there,

I bought this DVR off ebay from greece and was wondering if anyone is familiar with it. It came with no name other than whats on the screen (NECO Group).

The problem I'm having with it is, it came with an hard drive already in and when I received it it said update firmware, it came with a disc which has no effect stating that that firmware update has already been installed, when I turned it off and back on it stated no hard drive installed, update firewall?

I checked it and it was fully installed but was still doing the same thing, I then added a second hard drive to it, when I switched it on it became fully functional until I turned it off again, when I turned it back on it put me in the same position as before stating update firmware/uninstalled hard drive.

Sorry, I cant upload pics, my SLR camera is on its lowest setting and the pic size is too big for this sites upload limit.

Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Thank you.

I have just found out it is 8216 DVR and the firmware could be corrupt, does anybody know where I can get a firmware update or get it flashed? Thank you.

Honestly, this is a situation where you get what you pay for. I would NEVER trust a no-name DVR purchased from ebay. These are security devices, and you should probably take a little more care to buy something that is supportable. Sorry to be so harsh, but the facts are the facts. If you can get a refund do it, and then go buy something supportable with an actual warranty.