slowgsr

Suggestion on DVR to work with Panasonic WV-CW964

Hello my name is Eric and this is my first post. Im an electrician by trade, don't do much CCTV work other then running cable and assisting CCTV guys with access to high level cameras VIA bucket truck etc. I unfortunately don't know any of them personally for advice.

I was recently blessed with x3 Panasonic WV-CW964 camera's, as well as a Pelko camera (Have to check the model #). They come with wall mount brackets. They were removed from the exterior of a warehouse and upgraded (no problems with cameras), it was in their budget to upgrade and they decided to do so.

I would like to put one up on the front of my shop, To look down my driveway etc. I roughed in a piece of outdoor rated Cat5e cable, and it looks like these cameras use Siamese cable, which is fine I could fish in a new cable if that's the best solution. Im still wondering if cat5e would work? I see this camera has a heater, so im unsure if a cat5e could handle the current.

What im really wondering about is what type of hardware I need to best make this work? Im guessing a DVR, perhaps something from Panasonic that's made to work with this camera? Since its PTZ, and has a autoscan feature, maybe it can track motion too? I would really like to take advantage of the cameras features so I need the proper hardware to work accordingly. Im not too concerned about an alarm feature. I would like the DVR to be able to connect to my IPhone, and view remotely. I do have cables running from the shop to the house so I can connect to my router, or modem. Etc. I should also mention I would like the DVR to have the capability of running network cameras (IP), if I decide to add in the future, my property is small, and I will never need more then 4 cameras to be honest. I don't need a large system.

So, any suggestions as far as what DVR and possibly other hardware I need to set this camera up properly? I did notice they seem to be pricy new, and its very large compared to the small big box bullet type cameras.

Thanks everyone!

You can do a 4-Channel DVR from Channel Vision--it's POE and its a hybrid DVR, so if you ever wanted to incorporate some IP cameras into your system, you could pretty easily. It's compatible with Panasonic cameras and has an app that you can view your cameras anywhere. If you want you can set it up so that motion events will alert you through your email or through the app.

Hope this helps!

Thank you. That dvr sounds like it would do the job just fine. Do you have any suggestions on an online retailer which I could purchase from?