Metro

Baby Monitor Recommendation

Hello,

My wife and I are expecting our first child in May and we're starting to plan out our nursery. One of the things I'd like to figure out is what type of camera to use as a baby monitor.

I'm currently using a combination of Hikvisions, Foscams, and an older Compro IP cam connected through my in-home server running Blue Iris. My wife and I watch our security/dog cameras via our iPhones.

I have two main questions and I fear the second question might derail any conversations on the first.

1) Can anyone recommend a camera or system for a nursery? Here are the requirements I'd like to have, but I realize that there probably isn't a single camera/system that has each of these:

* Two-way audio

* Ability to quickly mount/remove on a crib or other stationary objects (I've seen cameras with velcro or wrap-around legs)

* Ability to take the camera with us when we travel. This means we'd like to still be able to use it even if we don't have access to WiFi (at a family member's house, for instance). Don't know if there are cameras that can create an ad-hoc network.

* Ideally, could run on a battery when traveling

We have friends with a non-WiFi dedicated baby cam/monitor that has each of these options (unfortunately can't remember make/model), but it pains me to see the quality of those compared to what's available out there.

2) My second question is whether there's been any new information published on IR exposure and babies eyes? I've read through a couple of threads, but there was lots of conjecture, and little hard information. Not having\using IR isn't a deal-breaker, but of course that would make things easier.

I appreciate the opinions anyone might have.

Thanks!