toozie21

new firmware for no-name WiFi camera?

I picked up a no-name CCTV camera from aliexpress and was looking to see if there was a firmware update for it. The camera I got was this one here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FTP-Motion-Detect-P2P-ONVIF-Megapixel-720P-HD-802-11b-g-n-Wireless-Wired-IP-Camera/32313211840.html

The problem I see is that in the WiFi settings, it only has an option for TKIP encryption (nothing newer).

The version info on it I see is:

System: V4.02.R12.00006510.10010.1303

Build Date: 2015-03-17 09:44:44

Is there a way to figure out a new firmware that works with this brand-less camera?

I picked up a no-name CCTV camera from aliexpress and was looking to see if there was a firmware update for it. The camera I got was this one here: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FTP-Motion-Detect-P2P-ONVIF-Megapixel-720P-HD-802-11b-g-n-Wireless-Wired-IP-Camera/32313211840.html

The problem I see is that in the WiFi settings, it only has an option for TKIP encryption (nothing newer).

The version info on it I see is:

System: V4.02.R12.00006510.10010.1303

Build Date: 2015-03-17 09:44:44

Is there a way to figure out a new firmware that works with this brand-less camera?

Forget it, there is a reason its 27 dollars...buy a cheap wifi bridge. Or better yet wire the camera up properly.

Darn, I was worried that might be the answer.....

It was a flier anyway. Guess I can figure out if I want to leave it cabled somewhere, or to hookup some sort of bridge (which I've never played with but would seem doable). Thanks!

I have one the same and it connects to my home lan which is set to AES only just fine.

In anycase, I have had no luck finding who the real OEM is, the one that came up from the mac address prefix seemed to be someone that makes USB wifi adapters, which I guess makes sense.

I have one the same and it connects to my home lan which is set to AES only just fine.

In anycase, I have had no luck finding who the real OEM is, the one that came up from the mac address prefix seemed to be someone that makes USB wifi adapters, which I guess makes sense.

Somehow mine starting behaving fine again, so I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth, and let it go.

I wrote the seller (who has been very responsive) and she said that I have the latest firmware and that the previous firmware didn't have the WiFi in it, so I wouldn't want to take a step back.....

At this point I am OK with the camera, I just wish it had an easy way to embed the stream into a webpage, but it doesn't look like it will be straightforward. I was able to login over telnet, but didn't see anything obvious when poking around.

I think I will probably have to take the rtsp stream in on a machine, convert to something html5 appropriate with ffmpeg, and host that up...

I've resorted to plugging the HDMI out of my recorder into an HDMI game capture box to get stuff off mine.

Horrid devices with that rank active x on them. Will be no good when that is finally killed off. My NVR uses the same active x component so I am guessing that I will have to keep an obsolete computer around just to work with them.