Sign in to follow this  
Bosco

Lorex POE camera bit rates

I recently purchased a Lorex LNR182 POE system with three LNB3143B cameras. A few weeks later I purchased another LNB3143 camera. It arrived as a LNB3143RB. It shows a brighter central image at night with less noise than the other three cameras, daytime appears OK. Looking at the bit rates it averages 60-80 kb/s and 30-40 MB/h which is much lower than my other three cameras. They average 4000kb/s and 2000 MB/h. Tech support replaced the camera with a LNB3143RC and it has the same low bit rates as the one that was replaced. Is there something different with the -RB and -RC models? Tech support wants to send me another replacement but I am not sure that is the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I recently purchased a Lorex LNR182 POE system with three LNB3143B cameras. A few weeks later I purchased another LNB3143 camera. It arrived as a LNB3143RB. It shows a brighter central image at night with less noise than the other three cameras, daytime appears OK. Looking at the bit rates it averages 60-80 kb/s and 30-40 MB/h which is much lower than my other three cameras. They average 4000kb/s and 2000 MB/h. Tech support replaced the camera with a LNB3143RC and it has the same low bit rates as the one that was replaced. Is there something different with the -RB and -RC models? Tech support wants to send me another replacement but I am not sure that is the problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

You likely had one camera set to constant and the other variable.

As far as the noise, if you didnt test it in the same location you cannot make a proper comparison, various surfaces reflect ir differently.

Boogieman, Thanks for the response. All four cameras are set to VBR but respond as I mentioned in my original post. When I change the low bit rate camera from VBR to CBR the bit rate does come up to ~75% of the other three cameras. Changing the other three cameras to CBR from VBR makes no difference in their bit rates. As for the night time differences I have put the suspect cameras in a dark room and compared them to a "normal" camera. I still get the brighter central image with the suspect cameras. I'm beginning to think they are just more sensitive but I don't understand the bit rate differences.