Sign in to follow this  
kasperskie

Powering a Dahua doorbell VTO2000a unit ?

I'm trying to power a new VTO2000a unit.

This unit is supposed to have POE support.

However, when I use a regular passive 12v POE injector connector and hook it up to my router, I don't see any connection being made (light on the router doesn't lit). As I can also not connect to the default IP address (should be 10.22.5.189 ?) I think this unit is not using 12v passive POE ?

Do I really need the specific VTNS1060A Dahua switch to power this unit ?

This unit is supposed to have POE support.

However, when I use a regular passive 12v POE injector connector and hook it up to my router, I don't see any connection being made (light on the router doesn't lit). As I can also not connect to the default IP address (should be 10.22.5.189 ?) I think this unit is not using 12v passive POE ?

Do I really need the specific VTNS1060A Dahua switch to power this unit ?

"a 12V passive POE injector" is not "POE". Nothing that works with POE will work with that, POE uses 48V.

You don't need Dahua's switch, any switch

I have a passive 48v POE that works on most of my cameras, but wouldn't work on the VTO2000a. After talking with they guys at wifitexas, they suggested this https://find-a-poe.com/product/WT-AF-12v/

It gives +48v on the positive and +36v on the negative. If you hook the case to an actual ground, you're good to go. I've got it working for me.