Sign in to follow this  
bekax5

DVR Crashes only between 08.00-18.00

Hi all.

I am experiencing some sort of problem in my DVR (Dahua DHI-HCVR5108HE-S2).

It has been bought around 2 months ago, and I've noticed a pattern, during the day ~08.00-18.00 the DVR is functioning abnormally crashing each 10 minutes... Every single day actually. Very strange to happen only between this time...

I can see this happening in the 3 weeks of recordings that are in the HDD.

I could find in the log the following error:

Reboot symbol: 0x04

Reboot type: Reboot with security (translated from native language = something similar )

What could be happening? Solutions ?

1208453732_Capturadeecra2016-01-14as23_13_14.thumb.png.3daf2054abad82c9bc5fe12b05e26b0b.png

It's only 2 months old - send it back to where you got it for a refund /replacement

Acoording to the picture, would you say it's a buggy version?

Looks very strange behaviour, every day at the same time

Try changing the time on the unit by a few hours for a few days, and see if the behavior remains the same (reboots every 10min between 8 and 18h) or it changes. Like, today at 11:00 make the time 23:00, so the unit (and the recordings) are 12 hours ahead of time.

If it still does the same at 8-18, I would be worried. But if it starts doing it from 20-6, I would assume that the problem is not with the DVR, but with your power/a source outside the DVR. Whatever your business is, you might have something external to the unit that makes it do so.

Apparently I got it solved.

It was one of 2 things, since I don't have physical access to it at the moment, I sent someone there to fix it.

1. Power was not stable, since I have put it right now after an UPS.

2. One of the cameras was not stable, since I disconnected the one who had worst signal and looked like was giving its last breaths

I might get an exact understand of which one of those two was making the recorder to reboot by next week...

I would bet on 1. The power on the place where the system is installed is probably not so good, and it gets under heavier load at work hours.

Probably the unit was crashing only on work days, and not on the days when noone was working at the place.