gianni253

Please, advice about Dahua ip camera

Hi, I’m going to build a brand new videosurveillance system but I have a major constrain: I already own a Dahua NVR4208 (gift) and, as far as I have understood, I have to complete it with dahua ip cameras or I will run into compatibility problems.

My only requirement is about motion/intrusion detection though I can tolerate a certain amount of false alarms.

3MP are enough for me so my attention is about IPC-HFW4300S and IPC-HFW1320S but I’m so confused with this choice because I can’t find any information about recent IPC-HFW1320S (someone wrote is lower quality) and, at the same time, IPC-HFW4300S V2 (the only on the market nowdays) is said to be very problematic about firmware updates.

So, what 3MP ip camera to buy with NVR4208 ?

Any other alternatives to Dahua cameras ?

Many thanks for your advices !

I also own a Dahua NVR4208. From my understanding it will support many IP cameras not just Dahua brand. I'm using 5 3MP cameras from Hikvision (DS-2CD2732F-I) and have 0 compatibility issues. As long as the cameras are ONVIF you should be fine. The DS-2CD2732F-I's are pricey ($150ish) because they are Varifocal, I set it at 2.8mm anyway. if I were to do my system over again I'd go with DS-2CD2135F-IS its around $90 fixed lens. Good luck.

Hi redalert,

many thanks for your feedback.

In a few days I will have the chance to test Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I (I need outdoor bullet camera) and will report here.

Stay tuned ...