Sign in to follow this  
boardmaker

Manufacturing Plant design help

We're currently looking at upgrading our plant production line camera system. Everything is older, analog, cheap, cameras each individually running to it's own tv. The system is setup so operators can see portions of a manufacturing assembly line to help them control bottlenecks and downtime.

Do to upgrades in the plant, we are needing to update about half the current system. No time better than now to upgrade it to a more modern system.

We have approximately 12 camera locations feed each individual tv's. The tv's are spread out between 5 operators.

There are several locations that would be great if they were viewed by multiple operators. If possible, it would be nice if the manager could see all locations as well.

So is there a system that could view 16 cameras. If wireless, it would be around a 500' range. That can be output to between 5-8 operators. I would rather not use our current plant LAN. It's already busy with production assoc. stuff. Could setup a dedicated network just for the system, however, this really doesn't need to be viewed remotely. Also, could each operator view different cameras? They all do not need to see 16 cameras, just the ones that affect them.

There is just so much out there that it can be overwhelming. I'm a fairly technical person and I believe that I could come together with a decent plan with a little nudge from you guys.

I'm sure there will be more questions, but I think this will be a good start.