Sign in to follow this  
mettlus

Best 16ch DVR Recorder in the Market

Need the best DVR Recorder System for a 16CH cameras. In the past I bought cheap dVr system which used to corrupt the HD after power outages. I need a robust system which can recover from power outages or any other issues.

Interested Features

-No destruction of HDD from power outage

-Streamlined backup system

- Easy and intuitive GUI

- Fast playback and search

- Access via Internet or Mobile APP

- Robust Fan

TIA

Well speaking in general server technology concepts, there are two forms of reliability. One is against storage drive failure, and the other is against power failure.

Drive hardware failure protection is called RAID. One or more extra hard drives are used which don't store anything but provide protection in case another fails.

Basic: RAID-1 or RAID-5

Good: RAID-1 + hotspare or RAID-5 + hotspare

Better: RAID-6

Best: RAID-6 + hotspare

Power failure protection usually involves a UPS and a communication cable between the UPS and the protected device:

- When the UPS detects a power failure, the protected device continues to run on battery power from the UPS.

- The device is informed by the UPS of the power failure. The device starts a controlled shutdown process so that data is not corrupted or lost.

- The UPS goes into "sleep mode" to conserve battery capacity after the device turns off.

- When power is restored, the UPS wakes up and powers up the protected device.

This is a standard protection method against power failure for full-blown computers running a Windows operating system.

However, I don't know if any of the custom all-in-one standalone DVR boxes that can also do this. It's not easy to find this information, due to the reseller rebranding BS that muddles and confuses the surveillance industry.