Cossy Mike

New install at my home (newbie any help appreciated)

Hello,

I would like to install 2 PTZ camera's at the front and rear of my property with 2 internal dome's ground floor and 1st floor, 1 IR bullet at rear and a IR camera inside of my garage.

Ideally I'd like to buy a system complete but it's looking like I'll have to build my own system.

I was looking at an 8ch Hikvision DVR, connected to internet with at least 2tb of storage with minimum of 1080p playback.

I looked at the Swann kit's but was put off by online reviews and we use Hikvision stuff at work at it seems good but I don't know any specs of it

Can anyone recommend a decent DVR as this is what I would like to buy first, thanks!

I installed a GW Security NVR and 8 cameras a few months ago with a 4tb drive. I've had ZERO problems. They likely aren't of the quality of some of the better brands but the camera quality, playback are very good in my mind. As with most of these, the directions are a bit sketchy and the built in app is a bit fussy - but its pretty much plug and play. Setting up things like Motion record was hard to figure out, but my 1080p cameras (4) are recording 24/7 and I have almost 30 days of history with the 4tb HD.

I would recommend you get the same branded cameras as the DVR/NVR. GW offers many different PTZ cameras. They do have pretty good phone support.

This NVR has 2 cameras and you could add 2 PTZ. Unless you already have COAX already installed, I would recommend one with POE as you only have to run CAT5/6 and not an additional power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA46G3RK0487&cm_re=GW_security_POE_NVR-_-9SIA46G3RK0487-_-Product

There are literally numerous DVRs that are quite good. However, we believe the top most ones are TiVo Roamio/ Roamio Plus/ Roamio Pro, DirecTV Genie, Magnavox TB560HP/F7 ,and Dish Hopper. We like them because functionality and compatability features are simply the best here. TiVo Roamio series provide the best support. If compatability is your main concern, you may go with Magnavox.

Hello,

I would like to install 2 PTZ camera's at the front and rear of my property with 2 internal dome's ground floor and 1st floor, 1 IR bullet at rear and a IR camera inside of my garage.

Ideally I'd like to buy a system complete but it's looking like I'll have to build my own system.

I was looking at an 8ch Hikvision DVR, connected to internet with at least 2tb of storage with minimum of 1080p playback.

I looked at the Swann kit's but was put off by online reviews and we use Hikvision stuff at work at it seems good but I don't know any specs of it

Can anyone recommend a decent DVR as this is what I would like to buy first, thanks!

This is what happens when a "smart bot" does a drive by on a forum. Tivo lol.