Sign in to follow this  
dmercer3

Buy 4 licenses for QNAP or just upgrade from foscam

So I will admit, I know very little compared to the crowd here. I am eagerly reading and learning, starting with this thread http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=35868

I can learn rather quickly, however, I am traveling from home soon and need to get a decision made on this before I go.

So in this instance I am asking, and welcoming, your personal opinions of what you would do in this situation:

I have 6 foscams, 2 of which are recording to my QNAP 451. (I know, I know, foscams are not great). I have no issues viewing them remotely and am well versed in port forwarding.

I either have to buy 4 more licenses to just simply keep using the QNAP (which I think is a bit laggy even with 2 active 1GB ports and 8GB ram).

If I decide not to go that route (spending about $240). I can just invest that same $240 towards the purchase of a stand alone NVR.

Problem is I have done research on just stand alone NVR's and most do not work with Foscam, the only semi-reliable brand I have come across is GW and that would run me $500 with the 3TB Purple Drive.

So here we go, what to do? I need to get this set up in two weeks!