Sign in to follow this  
Glarprive1992

Is it possible??

Hi, I have a security system installed in my house. I would like to connect 2 or 3 wireless cameras to it so that I can get the entire view of the house. I believe connecting cameras would allow me to record videos and monitor my house from any part of the world. Is it possible to connect multiple cameras to an existing home security system? Is there any other requirements or specifications to connect the cameras? Pls post your replies. Thanks in advance!!

Hi Glarprive1992, welcome to the forum!

I think we'll need more info. eg:

1) Analog system, or IP system? (analog system, or HD digital?)

2) Make & model of your DVR or NVR.

Some answers:

Let's say you have an 8 camera DVR, and 8 cameras are connected. Your system may be maxed out. Adding more cameras may not be possible.

You say "I believe connecting cameras would allow me to record videos and monitor my house from any part of the world."

Viewing live video, or playing back recorded video, from anywhere in the world is not related to connecting additional cameras. Wireless or wired.

In other words, tackling the internet access to your system is first step, and can be tackled without adding more cameras. Your DVR or NVR needs network access, and your house needs broadband internet access. (adding internet access with a cellular modem is possible, but more complicated and expensive)

Info we'd need from you:

3) Does your system have internet access now? Any remote viewing ability now?

Brian