Sign in to follow this  
Tee

Can anyone recommend a DVR with MJPEG streams?

Hi

I need a DVR that has individual MJPEG streams for a home automation app I am building. There seem to be various models available from America but these are all very expensive.

I managed to find a secondhand Wirepath WPS 300 16 CH and get it imported but it does not turn on (refund issued) so am now back to square one.

I have 6-7 analouge cameras and I do not want to swap them all out with IP camera. I need the DVR to:

Have 8+ channels

Have motion detect on all channels

Be able to send a dedicated MJPEG stream for each channel

Have some sort of iPhone app for remote view

The app I am building this all into will except any native video format that iPads do so it doesnt have to be MJPEG but it does have to have a dedicated stream address I can tap into.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Unfortunately the app (iViewer from Command Fusion) does not support RTSP. I use the app to control everything from AV equipment to lights and blinds etc and want to keep it all in this app.

It only supports MJPEG or any native iOS video format (http live encoded)

This is from the Apple website

iOS supports many industry-standard video formats and compression standards, including the following:

•H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

•H.264 video, up to 768 Kbps, 320 by 240 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats

•MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48 kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats