Sign in to follow this  
looseparts

Recommend the NVR, etc. for our project?

Hello. I do IT for a university. Not much AV experience, but here we go... We have 3 small rooms (11x15) where we will record video and audio over a dedicated Ethernet network. Each room will have 2 cameras so we can capture the people in a circular group therapy session.

Having no experience in this I'll need your help to determine if I can do what they need and what gear to use.

Can an NVR take the feed of two of our six cameras and one microphone, save that as a single file (or recording) and play the two camera's recordings side-by-side or top/bottom for playback?

I may have created more questions - please help me ask the right ones to figure out what we need.

The NVR will likely only give you the video files separately. This means you'll have to view them separately one at a time. The microphone will be paired with one of the cameras on the NVR so that audio will play with whatever cameras feed you have it slaved to.

A little video editing software and some effort will let you compile/convert those videos and audio any which way you want. As it stand though, the NVR will likely not give you what you're after on its own.