quovadis

Unable to see DVR on network despite factory reset ??

Hi , Firstly , My set up is fine and I can see an existing DVR and slingboxes internally and externally OK .

I have brought home a H.264 basic DVR that basicaly works ok as it stands , but when I try to set it up on the LAN I cant seem to find or see it

I have set it back to factory reset and it gives me

192 168.001.223 but when I ping it , its not there

I do always restart after any setting change , but I should see it ? I am wondering f in fact the DVR has a fault ... how can I easily check this ?

I have set up DVRs before , but I am falling at the fist fence with this one ...anyone have a check list I could follow to see what the issue is ... apart from this the camera and DVR ar fine if I just want to watch the monitor (lol )

Hi , Firstly , My set up is fine and I can see an existing DVR and slingboxes internally and externally OK .

I have brought home a H.264 basic DVR that basicaly works ok as it stands , but when I try to set it up on the LAN I cant seem to find or see it

I have set it back to factory reset and it gives me

192 168.001.223 but when I ping it , its not there

I do always restart after any setting change , but I should see it ? I am wondering f in fact the DVR has a fault ... how can I easily check this ?

I have set up DVRs before , but I am falling at the fist fence with this one ...anyone have a check list I could follow to see what the issue is ... apart from this the camera and DVR ar fine if I just want to watch the monitor (lol )

Your computer might be on a different subnet then your DVR. Open a command prompt window and type in "ipconfig" to see what network you are on. Your computer should be in the "192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.254" range to be able to communicate properly to the DVR.

Hi , \I have managed to solve this , although the DVR gave me 192.168.000.009

I can only view by 192.168.0.9 hence the issue

Now that I can see this I have already port forwarding for other items on ports 80 and 9000 in the router ... so If I change the DVR to 88 and media to 9000 and save and restart I am able to view via the LAN ? If I change the DVR TO 9001 I am no longer able to view via lan this is despite rebooting everything . I need to change this otherwise there be a conflict AND the router wont allow me to dedicate this port as its already taken anyway ... similarly I have opened ports 88 both for port forwarding and triggering for this DVR on the router now , restarting and using a port checker it says that the ports are closed still ... This may be because of the 9000 port not being configured ... but how can this be done if I loose the LAN connection when changing the port on the DVR ? Puzzled !!

Hi , \I have managed to solve this , although the DVR gave me 192.168.000.009

I can only view by 192.168.0.9 hence the issue

Now that I can see this I have already port forwarding for other items on ports 80 and 9000 in the router ... so If I change the DVR to 88 and media to 9000 and save and restart I am able to view via the LAN ? If I change the DVR TO 9001 I am no longer able to view via lan this is despite rebooting everything . I need to change this otherwise there be a conflict AND the router wont allow me to dedicate this port as its already taken anyway ... similarly I have opened ports 88 both for port forwarding and triggering for this DVR on the router now , restarting and using a port checker it says that the ports are closed still ... This may be because of the 9000 port not being configured ... but how can this be done if I loose the LAN connection when changing the port on the DVR ? Puzzled !!

Check the firewall on your computer it may be blocking port 9001, or check that your antivirus is not blocking it either. If your trying to view it thorough you ISP, maybe they are blocking the port.