Sign in to follow this  
SMzoo16

Flir System upgrade edited.

Updated post with new info.

Replacing Q-See DVR analog camera system.

Requirements of New 'VR & Cams:

1) re-use still functioning old cameras (3x Q-Sees remain out of 6)

2) compatible with better cams (1080p/720p) than I will get now

3) re-use currently running BNC cable

4) 8 channel

5) iOS accessible (proprietary or not) app compatible with iOS 5.x.x!

6) outdoor rated cameras, like actually, not like the Q-See

7) good (~90'+) Nightvision

Budget = low

9) Re-use upgraded HD (2TB) from Q-See (just did that last year)

I WAS looking at FLIR M3100E Series (M3108E1) The last # stands for 1 TB HD

... HD-CVI ... upgrade to 1080P HD resolution using existing coax cabling. With support for both HD resolution MPX cameras, and standard analog cameras (HD & SD Simultaneously)... ideal for retrofit applications. MPX also facilitates advanced features previously unavailable over a coax cable including duplex transmission for PTZ control, ... runs up to 2300ft/700m.

but the iOS App only goes to down to 7.0...

So, then I started looking at 123securityproducts based on another persons question, and saw the KT&C EZHD-TVL8 8Ch HD-TVI + 2 OMNI IP Hybrid DVR, No HDD! Looks pretty good... but then ios7 or later only again.... maybe that requirement is too limiting...

Last thing I'm worried about is the security of the DVR, whoever I go with, I remember there being big problems with tons of branded stuff a few years ago, and then I came across a blog from just a couple years ago or mb 2011? possibly? regarding a MAJOR hikvision security flaw... I can probably look it up again. BUt I've noticed that name being suggested to a lot of us low-end folks, but that blog turned me off quite a bit. Haven't been able to find a solid list of vulns/ confirmed secure embedded linux based DVR systems on here lately.

Anyway, already got some cheapo "EWETON 1200TVL" coming from zon with "1280x960p", and was gonna add an Everfocus EMC700 720TVL "effective picture elements" 976(H) x 494(V). Discontinued product.

The Flir records at resolutions: NTSC: 1080p (1920x1080), 720p (1280x720), 960x480, 704x480, 352X480, 704x240, 352x240, 176x120

so I'll end up with 3 still working Q-See cams at 400/420 TVL using the ~352x240 res, then the other two cameras would use the DVR resolution that is just below their resolution, I think. I'm not sure where the crop or adjustment will be? Anyone?

The everfocus and Flir I was gonna get used rated 9-10 (i.e. near open-box) from an online vendor I trust that sells lots of electronics, limits the amount of garbage they stock.

Thanks for looking.

p.s. hope this is the correct forum, tried to do it based on descriptions.