Sign in to follow this  
RIPE

How to Get WEB SERVICE 3.0 to work

This is not a complete explanation but I will edit as I remember what I did to make it work. Dahua software requires all ActiveX Security in IE11 be disabled (i.e. enabled). Download all of the versions of ActiveX from Bahama Security and have them unzipped. Why? You don't know for sure which version your camera will use. When you open a camera in IE11 with your static IP of 192.168.1.1XX (or whatever, e.g. http://192.168.1.119:377XX) Web Service 3.0 will open and you will be prompted to run QuickTime which you should reject. That is the problem. Now the secret. Add IP address 192.168.1.1XX into the compatibility box in IE11. No more prompts for QuickTime if it works like it did for me. Video works, PTZ controls work, etc. If this changes I will update this information.

Edit: The process above did not work on the local port 377XX but DID work on the remote port 40XX.

I can't believe my luck. I searched the forum for this answer just hours after you posted it yesterday. Tried it today and it worked like a charm. Many thanks!