CorporalCuddler

Hikvision 2CD2042WD - port forwarding

I have port forwarded cameras before with my Linksys router - WRT54GS2. I've used them with ip cam viewer and with blue iris. However, I have spent the last few hours trying to port forward a Hikvision 2CD2042WD that I'm trying out, and I can't get it to work. I can't get blue iris to work at all with it, locally or port forwarded. With Ip Cam Viewer, I can see it over my local network, but after I assign the camera a static IP address, then go into my router settings and add a port to forward - 554, nothing is showing up.

So, one issue may be that 554 is the port I used for another camera. I didn't do anything with the number 554 with the Hikvision camera. I don't think there's anything I need to change with the camera is there?

The other issue is that in Ip Cam Viewer, it's possible I'm putting in the wrong model since they don't have the exact model listed. So, I tried all of the Hikvision models that ARE listed and none of them seemed to work.

I'm pretty exhausted with this. It's been a while since I set up a new camera, and am at a loss. I'm not sure why blue iris won't work locally or with port forwarding. But, I'm more focused on ip cam viewer since I know the local address works on it. Any help would be appreciated.