DailianInCCTV

Help with a multiple building location installation

Okay so the Place I have been asked to provide a quote for installation on is a motel complex comprised of Multiple Buildings

Okay sorry about the rudimentary drawing there lol. Basically here is the problem I am facing, the clients want all the cameras located across the *2* building acting as an overlook towards the other buildings, which is fine, I intend to use a PoE system for them since wiring the power to each device is more problematic than running an outdoor ready CAT 5e to each Wireless Camera.

This is where is gets tricky:

The clients want the DVR Located inside building *2* however, they ALSO want the system to be accessible via internet so that they can just log into the app on their phone or tablet and check up on the cameras at any time.

The only location that has any hardwired devices is *1* this is where the clients have ALL of their Routers located (who installed it like this I don't know, but this is the dilemma I'm working with right now.)

I'm curious if anyone knows of any PoE DVR or NVR that has a built in Wi-Fi card so it can attach to a wireless network?

If not, how would I go about making this DVR/NVR attach to this wireless Network?

Would I use a Wireless Bridge that attaches to the Wireless and then ethernets to the DVR?

Does anyone know of a model of Bridge that supports Port forwarding/Triggering like that?

I'm assuming at this point I'd have to enable Port Forwarding/Triggering on the clients ISP Modem, then the Router, and then the Bridge as well? Would this even work?

Do I tell the Client that they're SOL on the cameras running through the network, or should I find some sort of AC/DC Solution that works for them and then just install Wireless IP Cameras?

I've never installed Wireless IP Cameras before, but I have a lot of background in general Technical Support so I'm sure if there were instructions I could easily follow them.

PLEASE HELP, I'm running a new company and trying to build up a positive reputation for my organization so I can feed my family, and having this semi-large company become one of my clients would really go a long way for me.

Thanks.

image1.JPG.52129636976bfb3637ae685202922793.JPG

Hi.

You just need the wireless bridge between the two buildings. UbiquitI nanostations would suffice looking at the approx distance.

No additional port forwarding would be required. The bridge just acts as a wireless cable effectively.

Just port forward the router to the dvr/nvr once connected via bridge and you will be good to go.

hi adamcctv,

I would recommend running your camera wired, as this is the best way for a smooth feed minus significant packet loss, which causing unpleasant viewing (stuttering freezing etc etc).

If you could run your cameras to an NVR or VMS this would be the most ideal way or even have them port forwarded to a central location you could use something like an IES-500 http://ieslive.com/products/ies-500/ to encode the camera feed into H.264, and use that to broadcast the stream in multiple ways (RTSP, MPEGTS etc) to anywhere on the LAN or even across the WAN.

The IES-150 also can decode your streams directly with auto switching at set time intervals set by yourself.

I agree. I would hard wire all the cameras back to a switch and connect the buildings with some ubuiqitis.