Sign in to follow this  
bodger

wireless ptz ip camera

new here but not brand new lol

i have just bought a ip camera i put the ip number of the cam into the browser and i could see the cam and its setting for some silly reason i change the fixed ip to dynamic now i cant see my cam does anyone know

how i can get round this

thanks in advance

With a dynamic IP, the camera just takes whatever IP address the router is giving it. That IP address will typically stay until the router and/or camera is rebooted.

Locating the camera's IP address can be done a couple of ways.

1) Use the router

* look for something such as "Client Table" or "Client List" which should show all the devices that the router is talking to. Some routers are better at this than others and some routers have a wireless list and a wired list. Many households with smartphones and such probably have 5-12 IP addresses on the list...one of them will be the camera then you can log back into it.

2) Search the network using software

Some camera companies offer a free "camera scanning tool" which is really just a simplified local network scan. It'll locate the camera in a jiffy.

2b) Use generic network scanning software

This will list out all the devices on your network with their IP addresses (kind of like option 1) above). Google for a free "network scanner" app. There's a ton for the PC, but also some for smartphones. I use the "Ping Tools" app for my Android phone in case I lost a camera IP while on an install.

3) Reset the camera to factory settings

Not all cameras have this, but some do. Such as a little recessed button to hold down for 5 seconds or something.

thanks zr1

i have sorted it now i just turn off the cam and back on i could see the cam on my screen it as a fixed ip but i have a new problem now if you can help

hello all

i was wondering if any one could help me i have a wireless ptz poe ip camera and i cant control it via dvr or get into the camera setting at the mo its useless at night because i cant turn on the ir thanks for helping advance