Sign in to follow this  
villagomezcantu85

Pre-wired House looking for advice.

Well we just finished building my house and we where able to pre-wire it with BNC cable for 8 cameras.

The problem is that i am looking for a complete system to install now and i noticed that they all come with wiring, is there any way or locations to purchase cameras that dont come with the wires so i can maybe save some money.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

You REALLY are better off without that cable that is included in the kits - it is a constant source of problems. You dont say where your from but there are hundreds of sellers on line.

From a proffessional's point of view those kits are just rubbish. The DVRS are cheap knockoffs , the cameras are low quality crap , the cables are rubbish and the power supplies are underrated.

Shop around , you should be able to get quality components and only pay a little more than the scabby kit.

What toss said.

The most unfortunate thing about the original post is that its 2016 and they prewired a new house with bnc instead of ethernet. Insane.

Well we just finished building my house and we where able to pre-wire it with BNC cable for 8 cameras.

The problem is that i am looking for a complete system to install now and i noticed that they all come with wiring, is there any way or locations to purchase cameras that dont come with the wires so i can maybe save some money.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

You can find the cameras and DVRs individually at your local electronic stores like Best Buy or Frys. Another option would probably be to ask a CCTV installer if they will sell you just the products.