kylep

wave-p ether 9404 software -ick-

Hello!

Question about wave-p...

I have been running a cheap wave-p ether 9404 card for the last year, with 2 camera's on my car and front porch (personal security -problems with the ex-wife). Not being a professional in this arena, I found the wave-p 9404 board from ebay to be a deal and it has suited my needs well - motion detection, ir cameras, 24/7, fairly stable, initial install & software upgrade was tough, and ... it's running on an old w2k 800MhZ machine!

A while back (a year?) I actually emailed wave-p and got a response about upgrading the DVR software, they provided the password and all was good. Now I see another update to the software - including a fix to a cpu utilization bug that i have, but cannot get my old password to unzip the files, or when i email wave p, any sort of response. I thought the policy with them was included software upgrades. Anyway, the question is, how do i get ahold of an updated dvr software for this card?

Cheers,

Kyle

This was my correspondance with wave-p...

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 8:55 PM

To: Kyle Purer

Subject: Re: Ether-9404 Software password

Importance: High

Dear Kyle,

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. According to your attached pictures, those two pieces are all Eher 9404. They are exactly the same except the board color. you can go to this link http://www.wave-p.com/en/sales.htm and then go to "Ether9404/9808 DVR" "For English version " is for the using of maximum 16 cameras. "For 32-English version" is for the using of 16-32 cameras.

And please note that the password for the soft is 999999999.

Thank you very much for your picture of your daughter. They are very lovely and cute. How happy you are to have them.

And I also attached a picture of all the girls in our company. The second from left is me. ;-)

If you have any other question, you can feel free to contact me. I will be glad to offer my help.

Best Regards

Jenny Huang

----- Original Message -----

To: jenny huang (Wave-P)

Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2005 8:22 AM

Subject: RE: Ether-8404 Software

I cannot identify these dvr boards. Maybe I mis-identified them? Are the two in the picture the same? However, what I would like to have is the dvr software to run these boards. The second picture is one of my daughter. Thank you!

[Kyle Purer] -----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 3:54 AM

To: Kyle Purer

Subject: Re: Ether-8404 Software

Importance: High

Dear Kyle,

Good day to you.

Please kindly note that we have long before stopped producing Ether8404 DVR card. As Ether8404 is built with Fusion 878A chip, the image clarity is not so good. So we replace this model with Ether 9404, which is built with 9-bit ADCs, Philips Saa 7130 chip. It's image quality is much better than other model chip. We researched out Ether 9808 also in this year. You can visit our website to view more details of them. www.wave-p.com Hope you will find it to your interesting.

Attached you will also see more details of Ether 9404 & Ether 9808.

So would you please check your card model again? thank you. And if it is Ether 8404, we don't have upgrated soft for this model.

And I'd like to take this chance to introduce you a bit about our company.

Ether series DVR card is our original research and development products. All the products are guaranteed in quality passing CE, FCC approval. All the products come with one year warranty. We shall give technical support on MSN: wave-p@hotmail.com.

We develop DVR software in-house, so your will enjoy customization flexibility and free upgrades. If you buy from us, you could receive a whole package including: hardware, software, technical support and free s/w upgrading.

Welcome to visit our website at www.wave-p.com to get more specifications and vivid pictures of our DVR cards, and you can see the 24-hour online-demo at http://wave-p.3322.org to know more about our cards. The operating system should be windows2000 or XP.

If you are also interested in our other model cards, you can feel free to contact us for quoting.

Looking forward to your early reply soon.

Best Regards

Jenny Huang

Shenzhen Wave-particle Intelligent Technology Co.,Ltd

Tel:(86)755 83676192 ext809

Fax:(86)755 83676106

Email: wave-p@126.com

MSN: wave-p@hotmail.com

----- Original Message -----

To:

Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 12:39 PM

Subject: Ether-8404 Software

> Hello,

> I purchased 2 Ehter8404 from Gess-Inc in america. I would like to use the

> software at: http://www.wave-p.com/en/sales.htm for the 8404, could you

> provide a password for this DVR recording software? Which version should be

> used,

> Thank you,

> Kyle Purer,

> Colorado, USA.

>

>

Hi Kyle,

The SW version 7.2 is for 9404++ dvr Cards. These cards has a improved design acording to Wave-p. This Software WILL NOT work in old cards. I just got the new model 9404++ and works fine , I have had some minor issues with the software but I think it is stable.

You already have the contact information:

Jenny Wuang

wave-p@hotmail.com

Same address for msn messenger, are available during night (8 pm to 5 am )

I like this card, it is cheap , it uses H264software compression. Of course Software has not many functions like Avermedia or Geo, but for basic monitoring and recording looks great. Be sure to use the recommended Hardware.

I hope this helps to you.

Miguel Torres.