Sign in to follow this  
Edward

Help

Hi guyz, i have a crappy micromark B/W camera connected to an FM modulater which hooks up to the tv, this works fine.

I wanted to connect a colour CCD camera i puchased to it, but all i got was a few wavey lines, can anyone help why this would not work, maybe the frequency was out of the modulators range maybe?

Hi guyz, i have a crappy micromark B/W camera connected to an FM modulater which hooks up to the tv, this works fine.

I wanted to connect a colour CCD camera i puchased to it, but all i got was a few wavey lines, can anyone help why this would not work, maybe the frequency was out of the modulators range maybe?

Can you change the RF channel on the modulator, maybe its tuned close to another signal, it needs to be at least 3 channels away from another souce, either that or the the cables kankered.

FM modulator? Either it's not an FM modulator or it never worked.

What's the cabling like? Could be inteference, duff connection somewhere. Try the camera plugged into the modulator directly to check it's not equipment at fault.

I have plugged the scart end of the CCD camera directly into the tv and it work fine, i plugged my other camera into the FR modulator and that works fine, all cables are good!

The RF modulator only has one channel, you can fine tune it to get the picture but that's it, maybe i should get one with several channels on it!

I drillled the wall and connected it up directly for now, works a treat as it's a camera for our little daughter and it has led's so is pefect, but we can only view it from our bedroom, as if the Modulator worked, we could view it from all the TV's in the house!

So as long as it should work in theory, i guess i'll get a multi channel one - do you think?