jisaac

Help! PTZ not focusing

I need some help. I have a customer that is about as dumb as rocks. Well he called me and said one of his ptz's is in a tour but is not focusing. He said it is in a total blur. I cant figure out why this is doing it. Especially talking to him. I am up here in maryland on a business trip and cant just run out there. Any thoughts or suggestions? Would be much appreciated.

well I asked him and he said no. When I left it it was on auto and he said he has not even been over there until saturday when he saw it was really out of focus. trying to talk this guy thru the menu's and settings is not easy.

I have seen some faults..but not with that brand where a tour becomes currupted becuase they turned on manual focus during the tour... also I would check that you are not using two doem covers...vercommon mistake, if you put your PTZ in an outdoor housing you must remove the inner dome or it will have trouble focussing

well it turned out to be just a bad camera. Had it replaced and so far still working.