Andy--

Do I have a software option??

Hi all,

I have a 4 camera card installed in my pc, I'll try to identify it to you:

AV-8016 Product no: 21030045

Dviver in device manager shows as: netdvr dvr416

The software that came with it is: DvrNet and although it seems to work ok I don't like the way it takes over the pc. I can't access other applications easily while it is running and it sets itself up to run on start up and when you exit the program it shuts the pc down. Although I can get around the start up issue I definately can't minimise the DvrNet application while it's running!

I hope I have identified the card properly so you could possibly let me know of any other software that will run with this card?????

I have tried other software but it won't see the card, a driver issue I guess! It's a shame because other software seems much better!

I have looked through the forum for answers but have ended up more confused!

Help and advise please.

Thanks

Were you intending to do other things with this PC? There are some options like Luxriot that support more then one card but you will find that most programs only support the card they came with.

As thats essentially a generic 4 channel card, you should be able to get the BT Drivers working with it.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2021

Then use any generic software, such as LuxRiot or others mentioned in that thread.

But Most Professional DVR software (Geo, etc) wont work with them as they require their own drivers loaded. Generally it should be a dedicated PC when using it as a security system, but for example the Geo software will allow minimizing and running in minimized mode on start up, but the software requires the cards branded by Geo.

Thanks for the advice guys although I don't seem to be doing to well using luxriot - I'm not getting a picture displayed!

I'm hoping this is a bt878 - on the card it says conexant "fusion 878A" does that mean bt878?

After the drivers have installed, all looks good in the device manager but checking the driver it says no driver installed for this device!!

Something not quite right.....

Any further advice??

Thanks

Looks like I have the right driver installed now but just getting a blue background on camera 1

?????

Befire you try LuxRiot make sure it works in AmCap or VidCap ..

Also did you use the btspy software that creates the text file?

Make sure there is no other DVR software running when you do that.

Rory