Sign in to follow this  
Joeziah

Need a portable live view IP camera system (Battery powered)

Hello! I have another thread open that is related to an entire 8 camera system for a semi truck. But I'm opening a different one for something I need immediately.

I need an IP Camera that has a good, low delay live view that can connect wirelessly to my laptop about 80 feet away.

But here is the catch that I'm having an issue with. I want it to be battery powered, preferably something I can grab out of the cab of my truck (Big truck/Lorrie) and slap on the back of my trailer bumper (probably mount a magnet on the bottom).

I've scoured Amazon to no avail and I'm thinking I may have to buy a cheesy 120v battery pack thing and glue it to the bottom of an IP camera. Clunky at best.

Any ideas, and if I do have to find a way to power the camera externally, anyone know a good battery pack I could plug it into?

Thanks in advance!

Joeziah

Just a update as I've spent a few hours researching.

It seems Netgear makes a "Vuezone" that has wireless battery operated IP cameras.

It seems pricey though for what it is, has anyone had any experience with it? There is nothing about delays on the live views or if the quality is decent.

They are also only indoor cameras...Any similar systems you guys have seen?

-Joeziah