demesmaeker

Questions about a brandless NVR (NBD7024H-P)

Hi!

I bought a brandless NVR. I did my homework and discovered that the motherboard is a NBD7024H-P

After a bit of googling, I discovered that almost all brandless NVRs have the same Linuxdistribution.

Any way, I am having lots of questions, but the most important ones are these. I numbered them because I can imagine that someone can only answer one or two of them

1) When I record a channel with the motion detection on, it starts recording around 2 seconds too late. This is probably because the detection takes time. If I ever would have a thief then every second counts, so in that case it would be better to record non stop (no problem with disk space!).

Is it not possible to make the the NVR record non stop "in cache", and then when there is movement add -5 seconds to the video it records? This way I would get a video a few seconds Before the movement until a few moments after the last movement.

2) Can I maybe record non stop (full quality, 4MP camera) AND use the same stream for motion detection as well? So that it records non stop AND records all movements? This would also solve the problem even though the small videos are missing a few seconds. I could then look up the rest in the "main video stream". This would be a bad solution for me, because I have 4 more cameras on the way, and that would mean that I would have more then 8 channels (the max!) in use.

3) On a Russian forum I discovered that telnet was disabled in the latest version. Of course I updated when the NVR asked me to, so I am missing Telnet now. Has any one the same problem or a solution? No real big problem, but I would like to have full control.

4) What is this linuxdistribution called? Who is the developer? This would make it easier for me to google. It does not look like the developer of the hardware (xiongmaitech) is the developer of the Linuxdistribution.

5) The manual that came with this NVR sucks. That is what one gets for buying cheap stuff Did any one make out of frustration a better manual?

6) With motion detection, there i a value of 2 for the keyword "interval". What does this mean? I tried to find out what it means by changing the values, but I did not succeed.

7) Does this NVR not have any "preview of all movements"-function? Now I have to click on every capture.

Sorry for my "noob-questions".

Any answer is greatly appreciated!!!

Camera 1 : Dahua 3Mpx DH-IPC-HDBW2300RP-Z

Camera 2-5 : ordered, not received yet : Dahua 4Mpx DH-IPC-HDBW4421EP-0280B