Does anyone know of a good ONVIF streaming server application? My situation is that I have at one site 13 cameras with up to 4 monitoring stations plus two to three recording stations per camera. Mostly it all works as is but the more monitoring stations are online the more likely I am to have sporadic, though rare, signal drops and lost frames. Monitoring the network doesn't show any network bottlenecks so I think the cameras just aren't keeping up with the demand on them.

I'd like to find a good ONVIF streaming server that can have a single connection to the camera and the server can deliver to all the rest. I'd probably end up with three direct connections to the camera - the server, one monitor, and one recording. The rest of everything else could go through the streaming server.

It looks like the VMS-4200 disk has a streaming server on it but I don't find any documentation and it's not particularly intuitive. Any thoughts or experience with that server or other streaming server packages?

While this Interface does not use ONVIF and is not using full-motion video but uses automatic refreshed snapshots with the delay interval of your choice. To help better control bandwidth. It has many options including the ability to optionally enable/disable the camera controls of your choice on a per camera basis and works with ANY IP Camera brand and model that supports HTTP/HTTPS access methods.

The Interface is compatible with ANY Internet browser capable devices which are using any browser and running on any Operating system. No download of ANY plug-ins or media players is ever required and no IP camera information is ever exposed such as ISP IP Address, DDNS, Port or IP Camera user credentials. You can also optionally create your own unique User ID and Password for your IP Cameras as well.

The Interface supports displaying multiple IP Cameras at the same time.

Details:

http://foscam.us/forum/showing-secure-methods-using-php-to-display-your-ip-cameras-t8721.html#p42139

Many Live Demos using many different IP Camera brands and models:

http://107.170.59.150/

Don