MLinks

Blurred Images link

Please click on the link or just type it in your browser.

http://www.cctvboard.com/attachments/geo_remoteviews_209.jpg

I'm experiencing blurred images that look like the blur is moving and objects are distorted this system is in a gas station.

System spec's are: Dell GX240 SFF p4 1.7 (Intel chipset) desktop with 2 pci slots Nvidia Geforce MX 400 64mb probably uses Direct X. 7 256 sdram

320GB western digital, but some times the picture quality is good? I just don't get it. can it be that because this desktop is a Small Form Factor that the system is getting too hot and the GV card is acting up.

Also I started remote view and I networked another GX240 system same specks except this one has a ATI ultra 16mb agp. <-- as a client for the casher but the image on this system was even worse then the main DVR system.

I used a Cross over cable to network the two I tried a D-link router but there was absolutely no difference in picture quality.

Could I have a Ground Loop problem?

Anyway please help if anyone has ever come across this before.

Change your resolution to 640x480sw and then change your recordings to MPEG4, see if that makes a difference.

The only thing I can see wrong si that u are strecthing 320x240 to larger than it's native image size and it may be on low quality, make sure you set the webserver to transmit in 640x480 as well and if unsure check the RPB client as it will network in the actual recorded image size, a lot of remote clients will only recieve 320x240.

The other issue you have is that it appears you are possibly using wavelet compression or JPEG, the problem ther is the tiles on the floor do not change and have little contour, this means they will be the most compressed part of the image, try moving around infrnt of it and see if the picture gets sharper where you move.

Wavelet will look for uncontoured similar images and will compress these areas more heavily...honestly though I am pretty sure changing your video source to 640x480sw will help