HeadsUp

multiple AHD DVR's connected to NVR

I am evaluating an upgrade on a large site.

The existing contractor "has left" after charging the client upwards of $ 1200 fitted for $ 35 analogue cameras of around incredible 380 TVL resolution.

The site has 5 buildings spread over 40,000 square meters.

There is already RG59 coax through most buildings for the existing analogue cameras , and underground conduit with spare CAT 5/6 between buildings and the head office building on the same site.

My initial thoughts are to use between 5 to 8 1080P AHD varifocal cameras with IR per building .

What are peoples thoughts on using a single 8 channel DVR in each building , then using CAT5 LAN connection from the DVR in each building to a main NVR in the security room ? the DVR would be dual stream capable to record locally simultaneously while giving 100% streaming to the NVR

just trying to get the best image quality for the money.

If we used IP cameras in every building then the cameras are a little more expensive and we dont get redundant storage capacity in each building .

My thoughts for not going single NVR with a router in each building is that if our main NVR goes down then we have no video backup anywhere , whereas if we have individual DVR and storage in each building , we might lose the NVR or one DVR on reliability but we are likely to still retain 80 % of the system as active.

Can this work ? , who can blow holes in it with something better ?

thankyou