kgraves

Advice on Software and Camera's

New here and a novice when it comes to camera systems. So I need help! What we are looking to do is:

• Discrete cameras that work using power over ethernet (POE);

• Ability to access any camera using the web hopefully with a friendly user interface. Hopefully this interface will have a ‘Master user’ that then can designate sub users that only see the cameras that the master user designates;

• Recording capability of 72 hours minimum to cover anything that may happen on the weekend;

• Total cameras: 3 at business-1; 2 at business-2; 1 at business-3 = 6 cameras.

any advice or solutions to doing this will be appreciated - Thanks in Advance.

If they are "discrete", they probably aren't gonna have Infra Red Leds to iluminate when it's dark...

There are POE baluns and IP cameras that work with POE. Both ways will let you use CAT5E cables to transmit power and video. Also there are DC connectors and video baluns to do the same thing, but a little bit cheaper.

Record capacity can be calculated with:

https://www.google.co.ve/search?q=calculator+dvr+storage&oq=calculator+dvr+storage&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30l10.3490.4245.0.4311.8.6.0.0.0.0.173.471.0j3.3.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..5.3.468...0i22i10i30.R7oAZ4AIHF4

What are the distances? do you really need hidden cameras?

PD: reputable brands (Hikvision, Dahua, Everfocus...) makes DVRs and Software capables of managing privileges over several stuff like playback, live camera view, etc...

Discrete; no they don't have to be hidden just not big and bulky. POE is the priority.

The big thing isn't the camera's per'se but the 3 businesses aren't at the same location and the management of the camera's (software). We want The 'Owner' and I to be able to view all 3 businesses while the managers of the businesses to be able to only see the business that they manage. We want to be able to view live and record 72hrs to cover the weekends.