Sign in to follow this  
Wired360

New House

Hello everyone!

Been reading a lot of posts and topics and thought I'd finally register so that maybe I can get some help!

I'm trying to put a system together, about 8 max cameras outdoor to get a full 360 view. Also trying to decide between putting an nvr together or purchasing one.

For cameras I'm looking for at least 1080resolution and to be able to make out license plates on at least 2 cameras. Also decent night vision for facial recognition. Leaning towards IP and 4-5MP cameras (seen a set that are varifocal as well). Now I am not sure if I should purchase seperatly or purchase the cameras in a box set (costco like).

For the NVR, I do want it to record and be able to view the system (from a local computer and mobile). I would also like to have it send notifications via app/sms as well as the standard of email. I'm thinking that building one would be better for the features I'm looking for and would like help in designing the system (low power consumption but powerful enough for the cameras).

Any help would be appreciated and if anything sounds odd or you have a question, let me know! I'm looking to get the system within a month or so (will have the house by mid-September).

Thanks!

So, what sort of help do you need? Brand recommendations, retailers, discounts, local installer recommendations, or budget information?

Your selection of equipment depends upon your budget. If it is high you can go for cameras from Axis, Bosch etc. and if you are on a tight budget you can go for Hikvision and the others. You'd definitely want 2MP (1080p) cameras and if you can, then do get IP cameras. Separate or box sets both are fine (unless the price difference is too much).

Again, you can find a lot of NVRs from different brands depending on your budget. Just go by the standards.

For discounts and local installer recommendations your location is necessary (I'm in New York and had our new system done recently). So please give those details as well.

Hey,

I'm looking for help with brands and camera types. Definitely looking at up cameras and possible a local installer. I can get the equipment myself if necessary. I don't mind getting an nvr as long as it's able to send notifications and text as well as email (still looking for an NVR or build an NVRas well).

As for budget and location, I'm in the North Atlanta area and have $2000 to spend. So I want to get the best for the budget (I can purchase during Labor Day of itll save me some).

Hi, I hope I am not too late with my response. I recently had my security setup done by a local installer called Internet Security Systems. They are based in NY, so installation won't be possible in your case but you might get a good deal with them. They do ship everywhere. You can put your money in IP cameras from Hikvision/Honeywell and get it done well in $2000. These brands will offer the best for your budget and make sure that you go for 1080p and network cameras with POE (power over ethernet). Good luck with your selection.