longshorejon

A newbie looking for some recomendations.

So I've been in the market for a camera system and have tried my best to look into custom built systems (ie getting the parts my self and putting it together) and have been flummoxed by that process.

I have decided that now the pre-built systems are good enough and at a price point that I can handle ($1500 - $2000 US) they seem really attractive.

My question is what brands can be trusted to be reliable?

I am looking for:

- a pre-built system that I can install, but with good tech support via internet or phone

- a wired IP system

- exclusively for exterior placement of the cameras

- ability to capture clear video at night

- no more than 8 total cameras

- with most of them being on the second floor looking toward the walkways and enterances to the property

- I need to be able to Identify the person or persons that get captured

- the distance from the ground to the camera will be no less than 25 feet, therfore from the camera to where the center of the field of view is will be 35 - 50 feet

-ability to remote view is a nice option but not madatory

-3mp + camera's

I know that it seems that the brands (Q-see, Avertx, Swann, NightOwl) sold at Costco seem to be looked upon poorly around here. I keep coming back to them as they seem relatively easy to setup on the hardware side, but the OS for the dvr are not fully optimized (to say the least). Is this still the case? and are any one of those brands better than the others?

I am then in dire need of recommendations on where to find other good quality pre-built systems from reputable vendors.

Any and all input is very appreciated.

Thank you for your time if you have input on this.