Sign in to follow this  
wauwau

Linux Image to view IP Cams

Hi folks,

running several IP cams, mostly Axis, but maybe also soon Vivotek.

Anyway, looking for a linux distribution which is purely generated for CCTV (on IP cams), it should be installed on the computer on just configure a few paramters, as soon as powered up it should just live stream from an IP-Cam.

Is there anything like this?

Thanks.

Or maybe even also a good solution: is there a ready-to-use box with HDMI or DVI port and such kind of OS image installed?

Hi folks,

running several IP cams, mostly Axis, but maybe also soon Vivotek.

Anyway, looking for a linux distribution which is purely generated for CCTV (on IP cams), it should be installed on the computer on just configure a few paramters, as soon as powered up it should just live stream from an IP-Cam.

Is there anything like this?

Thanks.

Zoneminder may be what you're after. I believe they have installation media in the form of live cds.

Isn't ZoneMinder more like a recorder? And as far as I know, it is only webbased and using JPG (only some frames per seconds, not fluent)

I mean the main focus is simply to display the live stream - as far in realtime as possible and as smooth as possible and with the best solution as possible. I am not sure if a pure web-based solution can perform this.

Isn't ZoneMinder more like a recorder? And as far as I know, it is only webbased and using JPG (only some frames per seconds, not fluent)

I mean the main focus is simply to display the live stream - as far in realtime as possible and as smooth as possible and with the best solution as possible. I am not sure if a pure web-based solution can perform this.

To be honest, I'm not sure. Exactly what is your goal here?