robzee67

wireless project

th_1717_mason_new_pic.jpg

I have this project i need to find a solution and need some help...

The Dvr/recording device would be in office # 1

Office # 2 could be a relay point, it as internet connectivity

Gate 1 (280' away from office 1) and gate 2 (1265' from office 1) needs cameras for incoming and outgoing traffic

for right now i am trying to figure a way to send video to the recording device located at office 1.

wireless, wireless ip cameras, NVR what you guys think?..thanks

- Long shot...IP camera with wireless back to Office1, Or IP video Server, multipule camera type like Pixord 4 channel.......so you can expand, add, ect.

- Office2 IP Server/camera's

- others can be done via burried RG/UTP cabling......if not, wireless.

- recording solution for IP camera's? you'll need something like VideoInsight's IP Server.

I would prefer video server if there is a network port. The video data transmit from cameras to video server through RG cable and from video server to DVR through LAN/WAN.

If no network port available, then you got to choose wireless by using radio wave.

i'd check out Microteks wireless cams for this application.. as long as you have line of sight you should be fine with wireless... but not sure if u do with the trees.. ive tested microtek at 900' but they make longer range systems but they will be pricey

also check out VideoComm (http://www.videotransmitters.com) for Wireless Real Time Transmitters and Receivers. These are different from IP based, there are no bandwidth issues and clarity is crisp as it is analogue video; just like plugging it into the CCTV monitor direct. Once the number of cameras are minimal this would be the best solution for a security application if having to use Wireless (you can also use other manufacturers such as Microtek, Trango, etc, make sure it is Analogue Wireless, not IP).

There are however limitations on the number of cameras that can be set up using Analogue Wireless, if you are looking to add alot of cameras (12+) in the future then you are stuck with IP based Wireless ..