neilmcmillanuk

AE & Shutter Speed Settings

Evening Folks,

Firstly, I just wanted to say hello and hope everyone's well. I'm a complete novice and (very long time) lurker, however I'm having an issue with identifying number plates for a system required at my parent's house.

I should point out that it isn't an ANPR system I have or require, I'm just looking to identify the number plates when the there is no light.

From speaking to the supplier directly from Hong Kong, who has been great, he has advised working between the AE and shutter speed settings of the camera, so I've been trying to get a grasp with these and attached the most recent outputs with the camera settings, which I feel I'm getting somewhere with. Apologies, the settings are at the top left of each picture:

294780_1.jpg

294780_2.jpg

294780_3.jpg

294780_4.jpg

As you can imagine, I simply want to get the number plate to be slightly whiter than it currently is, in order to make the number plates more distinguishable.

I'm currently at my own home, so don't have the camera model to hand, however any suggestions would be great, as I travel up there to check the camera, find the output like the attached then leave it for another night.

Thanks again and apologies for the terrible beginner post and also if the post is in the wrong section.

Neil