Sign in to follow this  
fossey

Honeywell HREP8 500MB DVR power help

Hi All,

First off, thank you for reading this, and I appreciate any thoughts you can provide.

I have a Honeywell 8-channel HREP DVR for use in my store, and it's worked beautifully for 7 months. c st recently, it stopped working. Unfortunately, I've learned that they don't offer much in the way of end-user support. That's why I'm posting here.

When I plug it in, no lights come on. But the fan starts, a light in the DVD housing turns on, and the USB is powered. That's it. In some power outlets, for varying periods of time, though, I can get all the front panel lights to come on and stay on. In no circumstance will the unit function or respond or output anything.

I wonder if it's a power issue. The AC Adapter does get power, but it's not the factory adapter. It's rated for 4.5A, while the factory adapter is 5A. I've tested it with other AC Adapters and nothing changes, although these adapters are not 5A either.

Factory reset? Manual doesn't say how. Find a 5A adapter? What do you recommend are the next steps?

Thanks,

Roland

Mission Market-L.A.

, a

Dvr or nvr like any electronic device are plug and play. if u power up and doesn't work. its gone. where did u buy it. costco, return get new one, china, oh well, professional dvr or nvr last minimum 5 yrs to 20, except, if u live in the area where lightning grid