Jay1971v3

Pulsing on Hikvision IP cameras

Hi,

I've just installed a Hikvision 2cd2042 bullet and 2cd2342 exir dome. They are powered by a Cisco POE switch, via Cat6 solid twisted cable.

Anyone had what I would describe as a pulsing of the picture about every 2 seconds, at night. It goes from a clear picture, then makes a transition to a blockier image over the space of 2 seconds, then snaps back to a clear picture. There is pulsing during the day, but not anyway near as bad.

How long are the cables between the switch and the cameras? There is a 100m limit for PoE power supply.

You can also play a liitle with camera settings in Image section (BLC, WDR, HLC ...)

Thanks for the response Almelst.

The cable length is only in the region of 15m - 20m for each camera (2).

I have made some improvements with the settings, but still need to understand all the settings available for adjustment. The Christmas break should allow me time for this. It just seems wrong that I'm fighting a bad picture from the start. Or is it normal to start with a bad picture and gradually make adjustments to clean the picture up? I thought these would have been plug and use type cameras, except for the odd tweak to improve slightly.

I did read about the frame rates settings making a difference, but there is one (I-frame, I think) setting that I cannot adjust. Again, I think I need to digest more of the manual.

Thanks for the response Almelst.

The cable length is only in the region of 15m - 20m for each camera (2).

I have made some improvements with the settings, but still need to understand all the settings available for adjustment. The Christmas break should allow me time for this. It just seems wrong that I'm fighting a bad picture from the start. Or is it normal to start with a bad picture and gradually make adjustments to clean the picture up? I thought these would have been plug and use type cameras, except for the odd tweak to improve slightly.

I did read about the frame rates settings making a difference, but there is one (I-frame, I think) setting that I cannot adjust. Again, I think I need to digest more of the manual.

it is an iframe interval issue..try changing to h.264..it will let you adjust it. Dont update firmware if your camera is china region...

Thanks bcdavis75, the first thing I did a few weeks ago was update the firmware. However, I checked again this week and there was another update to be had, so I am now running the latest fw. After a lot of manipulation of the setting, the picture is more settled.

Thanks Boogieman, the cameras are genuine models, so no issue updating fw. iframe is the setting I was referring to. Now I know how to make this setting changeable, from switching to H264, this will be my next tweak, after backing up my current settings. I will have to research how to adjust this setting and what it actual effects.

I doubt I will hear from anyone now til after the holidays, so Merry Christmas