jisaac

Object Identification Guide

I thought I would post this. This is a slide I got from Panasonic which is a good guide to go by.

object.jpg

hope this is helpful

Hey jisaacmagee,

Useful indeed, but a little bit naughty of Panasonic not to credit the original source

As far as I can remember, the diagrams and measurements were first developed by the PSDB (Police Scientific Development Branch), which is part of the UK Governments Home Office research dept.

The material was first published some time around the mid 1990's, and has been widely reproduced by many agency's particularly in Law Enforcement.

Incidentally the Rotakin test chart was also developed by them as part of their CCTV system evaluation work.

They do credit a source (Isle of Man Constabulary) but not the orginal. It's fine for research but a little lazy.

they do credit rotakin but it was in another slide. I did not feel it was necessary to put that slide up with it.

I think the guide is good not for us to use but to show the people you are designing a system for that one camera on the parking lot is not a good idea.

i still wonder by companies that make so much money .. eg. Extreme, and Panasonic in this case, cant make their own charts or tech materials, photos .. etc ..