Orion

Language files Geo

I played around with the ini files in the Geovision system to translate the system to Swedish.

Anybody knows how the system of the ini files works?

That is has anybody done a translation of a Geo system before?

Rory, you might have some clues for me?

I played around with the ini files in the Geovision system to translate the system to Swedish.

Anybody knows how the system of the ini files works?

That is has anybody done a translation of a Geo system before?

Rory, you might have some clues for me?

Orion I don't believe the *.ini files hold the key to the language used by the Geovision system, though I may be wrong (and would liked to be proven wrong). As far as I am aware to get different language version you must buy your Geovision hardware/software from a distributor in that country - Geovision are trying to offer there distributors exclusive markets that can't be covered by other Geovision distributors from different countries.

Basically it stops you going to say a French Distributor to get better prices on a Swedish version of the software.

I have translated alot of the menus, but the trouble is that much of the textstrings ar double or tripple in different ini files. So there has to be a system telling which ini file contains which info.

On the other hand I'll guess that there is a limit where it's not possible to

translate. Text that is embedded in the code.

Strange thing is in the older versions they had various languages, i just checked 8.0 and only english is there ..

Almost everything is in ini files ... check the geo*.ini files in the Windows folder ... as well as the skin ini file.

Rory