Hi,

I am looking to feed the video out of the DVR and into a TV instead of a high res. monitor. Customer wants to use his picture in picture on his HD tv. Does anyone have a recomendation on a simple TV modulator. Never used one.. any help would be appreciated. Thanks much! Like your forum.. Lots of good advise..

Any modulator will work. channel vision and channel plus have decent ones though ... optionally you can go right out of the DVR using an RCA cable and into the TV Video Input (AV) ... what DVR is it ..?

Rory

Using a Advanced Technolgy Video FA4 4 ch. DVR. It doe have an SVHS out as well as a VGA output. So I would imagine I really dont need a video modulator. I would just go S video out to an unused video input on the guys TV.. that should do it right? Now if he wants to watch it from his bedroom, living room, and den.. then a modulator (decoder) on each tv and one modulator (encoder) on the output side of the dvr. He would need to use a seperate channel for each channel of video right? I am gooing to sell it to him where he needs to watch the cctv video on the one tv where the dvr video is coming into his tv via the s cable.. I am a big beleiver of KISS.. for me anyway.

Yep .. SVideo even better than RCA .. now if you can find a distribution amp that also has SVideo you could always split that off to the other TVs and therefore keeping the nice quality .. RF Mods generally are lower quality time as it is displayed on the TV Channel .. or even if you get a SVideo-RCA Adaptor and then use a Distribution amplifier such as a 4 channel version .. then run RCA or RG59 to each TV ... nice and clear ..

If you were to use an RF Mod you just use the BNC Out using a BNC-RCA Adaptor, an RCA Cable to the RF Mod right there by the DVR, then run RG6 cable TV cable to where the cable splits out to the rest of the house, split it first, then use a low pass filter (if there are other channels on the cable) ..then back to the normal split back out to each TV .. you can buy 1, 2, 3, and 4 channel RF Modulators ..

Rory

Rory.. Thanks man.. You helped me out. Appreciate it. Got one other question that I'll post under a new thread.. nothing to do with this topic. Thanks again