ricochet

louroe audio hookup

greetings everyone

please help with audio hookup, have ge dvrme16 triplex w/audio. it has a pcb accessory which attaches to aux port (db-9) on back of unit. also have a louroe ask-4 kit #300. do i use the if-1 interface adapter which has 3 choices of audio out jacks rca/mono/and stereo. these do not attach to the db-9 accessory which allow for hard wire connections. do i cut the mono jack strip back the wires, then which wire goes where.

pin 1 not used

pin 2 audio out

pin 3 ground

pin 4 audio in

pin 5 ground

pins 6,7,8,9 not used

gnd ground

i'm sure i am forgeting something here

thanks

rick

use 2 pair telco from the mic to the if1 ...

I havent used audio on the DVMRe nor the IF1 (i just use the verifact A by themselves and join themtogether and splice them together and give them 12VDC myself) but id think you would do this ..

On the terminals on the IF1 where the audio, power and ground come in .. parrallel another wire (2 conductor or Telco) on the audio and ground .. run that wire back to the DVR and join the ground wire to 5 and the audio to 4 for audio in ...

You also must enable Audio in the menu setup.

Rory

thanks

i now have it working on the bench and the verifact a is very sensitive to sound. the if-1 has a gain adjustment which i have turned down. all sounds are in an echo form though. if you hookup without the gain control how do you control the sensitivity, has that been an issue

rick

Only been an issue on the bench .. where it was too close to the speakers