HipsterDoofus

.02 Lux vs. .1 Lux?? (Speco v. Clover)

Just got two Speco CVC-130R B&W bullet cameras that are supposed to be good down to .02 Lux.

As soon as they are pointed at anything dark a large contrast bar appears in the middle 15% of the screen and obscures everything behind it. Both cams do this. And the picture itself just gets progressively fuzzier as the ambient light dims.

I've had a Clover OB220 for few weeks. Like this camera alot. Very, very crisp picture. Things in the image have an infrared glow. Very cool looking. It just seems to me that the Clover is just as sensitive in low lite conditions, but with a much crisper picture and without the contrast bar distortion.

If the Clover is a .1 Lux camera and the Speco is a .02 Lux camera, shouldn't the low light sensitivity be about five times better?? If the Speco has 420 tv lines and the Clover has 380, shouldn't the Speco cam have a crisper image??

I think the Speco's are going back & I'm getting a few more of the Clover's. They are even about $20 cheaper . . .

they are both around 0.1 lux .. same thing .. maybe a couple bad cameras .. anyway the CVC-130R is a POS .. used them before once but never again, nor anything like it .. Speco has much better BW bullets but they cost around $50 more .. otherwise you can get an OEM Exview BW Bullet for around the same cost that actually "does" go as low as 0.02 lux .. but doesnt look as good as the more expensive Speco model's do in daylight

Edited by Guest

Yes the 0.02 lux camera should see better in low-light conditions. I have found that cameras at the low-end of the market do not perform to ythe Lux level spec'd in many cases.A b/w bullet should see fairly clear in low light but I think you are dealing with camera quality more than anything. Try to go with hi res bullets of at least 480 TVL.

try the KT&C KPC S190 B/W Bullet 420 TVL

◆ 1/3" sony CCD / 420 TV Lines

◆ 0.05 Lux @ F2.0

◆ Lens Option : f2.97 / 3.6 / 6 / 8 mm Board Lens

◆ Water Resistant(IP 67)

Hope this helps.

S Mcneal