IPCCTV

Discreet Cam for high end residential

I have tradionaly used the B&W version of Pelco's ICS310 Camclosure for applications where outdoor lighting isnt the best and appearances were important as that cam is pretty unobtrusive and requires little light. The downside of that camera is in the B&W version, the longest lens I can get is a fixed 12mm. I need to see a face at about 25 feet from where the camera will be mounted. Accourding to my lens calculator, I will need something like a 20mm. Anyone have any thoughts on finding a low light high res. B&W camera that has a vari-focal lens say in the 20mm range? Thanks all!

are you looking for a similar casing .. like a bullet camera? Or a box camera?

I would be open to something along the lines of the Pelco 310, or maybe a dome.. I am in the Boston area and like something to have a htr and blwr if possible.. but it needs to withstand the elemets (IP66). The house is an old colonial.. 1.5+ million.. dont want a big industrial housing to take away from home... I have to say, I am not a big fan of day/night cams.. my experience, and I would love to be proven wrong, is they do not work for %#*^.